July 2021 update
This is a July report on the progress of Moiva.io.
New metric "Status"
Users asked for an indication to identify libraries that are no longer active or have been deprecated.
I added a new metric and called it "Status".
Four possible values:
- ARCHIVED, if repository is archived
- LEGACY, if Library authors marked it so
- INACTIVE, if there were no commits in the last 6 months
- ACTIVE, otherwise
There is no API to determine if a particular library is marked legacy. Hence, such information is maintained manually.
I made small UX improvements to help users get the most out of the Table view.
metrics "Types", "Tech Radar" and "License" were converted into badges of different colors depending on the value
each badge got a tooltip
external links acquired a distinct icon
Chore and misc
- added a bunch of new libraries to the catalog.
- used json files for manually maintained data.
- added a bunch of tests for manually maintained data.
- refactored and cleaned up the code in many places.
← all posts